1. A non-refundable deposit of £10 (or the full fee if less) will be due at the time of booking. Any bookings made within 14 days of the event must be paid in full at the time of booking.
2. Cheques should be made payable to The White Hut Community Hall.
3. Any outstanding balance must be paid no later than 14 days prior to the event. Failure to pay by this time will result in the deposit being forfeit.
4. When the hirer wishes to utilise the Community Hall’s equipment including, but not limited to, speakers, projectors, sweet carts and chair & table covers, a bond of £50 will be payable by the hirer. This will be refunded on the Tuesday following the event if there is no damage to the equipment. If damage is found then the bond will be withheld and the full cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the hirer.
5. On the day of your event, the Premises Manager or one of the Charity’s Trustees will open up just before your booking start time.
6. The Community Hall has a licence for the sale and consumption of alcohol on the premises. However, only alcohol purchased on the premises may be consumed in the Community Hall. The Community Hall retains the right to remove anyone consuming their own alcohol. The Hirer shall ensure that in order to avoid disturbing neighbours to the hall and to avoid violent or criminal behaviour, care shall be taken to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises. Drunk and disorderly behaviour shall not be permitted either on the premises or in its immediate vicinity. Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way shall be asked to leave the premises in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. Should the emergency services need to be called in such instances, then the Charity’s Trustees may in their absolute discretion refuse any future hire.
7. Anti-social behaviour of any kind, including, but not limited to, indecency, physical violence or assault and verbal abuse, is not acceptable in The White Hut Community Hall, regardless of whether it is aimed at any other Hall user, a member of the general public, a member of staff or a Trustee of The White Hut Community Hall. The Community Hall retains the right, in their absolute discretion, to bar anyone acting in such a manner and may refuse any future hire.
8. The Community Hall has a licence covering the playing of live and recorded music. Any other licences must be obtained by the hirer.
9. Any amendments to the booking will only be accepted on completion of a new booking agreement form.
10. Under the Food Safety Act 1990, it is the responsibility of persons providing food for any event held in the Hall to ensure that they are aware of and abide by the legal requirements. The White Hut Community Hall is not responsible for any food brought into the Hall.
11. The hirer of the Hall may hire or use their own forms of entertainment such as inflatables or photo booths in the Hall but must accept all responsibility for its use or misuse and any resulting injury that may occur. The height limit in the Hall is approximately 2.43 metres or 8 feet.
12. The hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority and the Local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise. This includes parking in areas designated as being for emergency access only. Do not obstruct fire exits or routes with furniture or equipment or leave any inflammable items within the Hall. Chairs or other obstructions must not be placed in front of heaters or fire appliances removed or tampered with, and fire doors must not be propped open.
13. The Hall may be decorated with banners, posters, etc as long as they are removed at the end of the event. However please use hooks and the Dado rail for this purpose and do not use blu-tac, sellotape or similar as these will damage the paintwork when removed. Confetti should not be used as the colour dyes stain the wooden floor.
14. The hirer shall remove any sign, flag, emblem or other decoration displayed by the hirer outside or inside the Community Hall if in the opinion of The White Hut or one of its Trustees it shall be unseemly or expose the Community Hall to an undue risk of fire or in the opinion of The White Hut or its agent is likely to lead to disturbance, a breach of the peace or issue with Torfaen County Borough Council.
15. The hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide or personal assistance dogs are brought into the premises, other than for a special event agreed to by the Charity’s Trustees. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
16. Any tables or chairs used should be returned to storage at the end of the visit. Do not drag them along the wooden floor but use the trolley provided to move chairs between the store room and the Hall to prevent injury.
17. Rooms must be vacated on time to allow the next users access.
18. Rooms should be clean and tidy when vacated and the premises left secure. In the interests of hygiene, it is important that all left-over food is removed from the Hall. There is limited capacity in the Hall’s bins for other rubbish. Please ask the Premises Manager on the day, if there is any space available. Otherwise, it is the hirer’s responsibility to remove any rubbish.
19. Users must check that all fire doors, windows and exits are left secure.
20. The Community Hall is situated in a residential area and respect must be shown to our neighbours by keeping noise as low as possible.
21. The Community Hall must be vacated by 11pm if used on an evening; failure to leave by this time will incur extra costs unless prior arrangements have been made.
22. The Community Hall is a designated no smoking zone; this includes the outdoor area and applies equally to e-cigarettes.
23. Any damage (accidental or otherwise) should be reported immediately. The cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the hirer.
24. The cost of any item, such as, but not limited to, microwave ovens and kettles, that are taken from the Community Hall will be charged to the hirer.
25. Accidents resulting in injury to any users of the Community Hall must be written in the accident book.
26. In the event of an emergency or should you wish to leave early, contact the Premises Manager on 07715 638636.
27. If a user wishes to cancel a booking at the Hall, at least 48 hours’ notice must be given before the commencement of their booking. Cancellations can be made by contacting the Hall on 01633 864270 or 07715 638636 at reasonable times. Failure to give 48 hours’ notice will result in the user being charged for their booking in full.
28. The White Hut Community Hall has buildings and basic contents insurance (which covers items and stock owned by The White Hut Community Hall. We also have public liability insurance for our own activities and for communal areas. Users are advised that they need to ensure that they have adequate insurance cover for their own activities and property. The White Hut Community Hall accepts no responsibility for the property of groups using the building and accidents due to inappropriate behaviour and/or inadequate supervision of children in the building. Except for wilful negligence on the part of The White Hut Community Hall, The White Hut Community Hall shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Building to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The hirer shall indemnify The White Hut Community Hall against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person using the building during the hiring in respect of any loss, damage or injury.
29. The Community Hall’s Policy Handbook is available in the foyer.
The White Hut Community Hall reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking.